The Project Management MBA: Four-Day Crash Course!
To compete in the future, project managers will need to be able to connect the dots between projects, project management practices, and their company's business practices. In short, they must develop their project business-savvy in addition to their technical savvy. In this informative, content-intensive seminar, participants will gain a considerable head start on the path to enhancing their project-related business-savvy. Participants will roll up their sleeves, through in a comprehensive case study (including practice on their own laptops!) that is woven throughout the program. Hands-on competency-building, business-centric case study activities include:
- Project portfolio evaluation and ranking
- Project business case preparation
- Project financial analysis [ROI calculations]
- ROI-based sensitivity analysis [business risk analysis]
- ROI-based scope change analysis
This seminar will be instructed by either Gary Heerkens or Frank Saladis, the team teachers for the course.
Pre-Work: 1.0 hours.
What You Will Learn
- Organizational Planning Techniques
- Strategic Planning Techniques
- Tactical Planning Techniques
- Operations Planning Techniques
- Organizational Cost Management
- Capital Expenditures vs. Project Expense
- Relationship Between Sunk Costs and Project Termination
- Process Management and Modeling Methods
- Common “Value” Terminology/Approaches
- Calculating Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV) and Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- The Legal Environment of Projects
- Purchasing Law/Uniform Commercial Code
- Business Communications,Cross-Cultural Conduct and Ethics
- System Analysis/System Reliability Concepts
- Kaizen, Poke-A-Yoke, QA vs. QC
- Voice of the Customer Methodology
- The “Marketing Mix” and Microeconomics
- Decision Sciences
- Financial Accounting vs. Managerial Accounting
PDU Allocation TableThe table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Leadership and Strategic PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Technical PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials.