An Introduction to Professional Project Management with Frank Saladis - NEW
DescriptionTopics: Time Management Scheduling | Leadership
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 28 PDU/2.8 CEU seminar. The PDU breakdown will be available soon.
Project management is essential to most businesses large and small. The need for skilled project managers who have the ability to organize and execute a plan through effective project leadership is increasing as the world economic and business environment continues to evolve. Project managers are trained to focus on cost effective methods for managing and utilizing project resources, integrating project work with organizational priorities, and developing strong and high performing teams.
This workshop provides the project manager with a solid foundation of skills that will improve leadership effectiveness, enhance the ability to develop clear objectives and plans, and manage change through defined processes. The seminar includes an introduction to project management theory, hands on activities to enhance the learning process, and opportunities for networking and sharing of experiences.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Introduce the concepts and purpose of formal project management
- Introduce the fundamental and intermediate processes, procedures, tools and techniques associated with professional level project planning and control
- Develop and or enhance the ability to prepare, organize, and create project plans
- Provide tools and techniques that will assist in effectively managing project resources
- Provide practical tools and techniques that will facilitate the process of estimating project activity cost and duration.
- Provide techniques that will assist in developing, optimizing and controlling project schedules
- Emphasize the importance of a formal and managed change management system
- Provide techniques for effectively managing project risks
- Develop expertise in project communication and the tracking and reporting of project progress
- Enhance the project managers leadership, communications and problem-solving capabilities