Secrets to Becoming an Influencer with Josef Martens
DescriptionTopics: Leading Project Teams | Influencing | Leadership Development
It’s that dreaded time for a major status update with a key customer. Deadlines are slipping, the quality of the work is not where you’d like it to be, several project team members are disengaged, your senior leadership is leaning on you because the customer asked some tough questions, and—last but not least—your teenager at home is causing major headaches.
If you view your role merely as a service provider, consultant or supplier, all of this would be an uphill battle, a huge challenge and a major risk for everyone involved. But you’re not. You have established yourself as a trusted adviser. People trust you as you manage your in-person and virtual team. They know you have the finesse to handle the biggest challenges with grace and mastery. They know you are a safe haven when the waves are high. It’s not the technical issues, it’s the human side that sets you apart. And mastering the human side doesn’t just happen; it requires the same attention you have given your industry knowledge, your technical expertise and your PMP certification.
In role-playing sessions, scenario discussions, quizzes and interactive games, you will practice key skills and start your journey toward trust mastery. You will apply yourself to real-world situations and cases and, in the process, transform your leadership and open new opportunities with customers, senior leaders and your teams. This seminar combines advanced leadership skills with a practical how-to-guide to become a trusted adviser.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the cognitive, emotional, and social skills required to be an effective, trusted project manager
- Recognize the factors that accelerate trust and identify specific ways to improve personal trustworthiness
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders to reveal root cause issues and needs
- Apply the dynamics of influence to achieve real results with the project team and others
- Understand how to consistently elevate their role from service provider to partner to trusted adviser.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|