Aligning the Organization Through Portfolio Management with Mohamed Khalifa Hassan
DescriptionTopics: Strategic Application and Governance | Resource Optimization Technique | Strategic Planning and Implementation | Portfolio Management
Organizations that adopt projects as a mean to achieving change and delivering results often find it difficult to prioritize projects and to make best use of their resources; additionally, many recent surveys have demonstrated that project backlog is a major issue in organizations. Portfolio management is a management approach that aims to align project efforts with the corporate strategy and optimize the efficient use of resources throughout the organization.
This seminar focuses on three major pillars of Portfolio Management:
- Prioritization of projects and other activities, based on their contribution to organizational benefits and their achievability
- Allocation and prioritizing of resources between those projects and activities that have been chosen so that they can deliver the expected benefits
- Monitoring and Controlling of the components of your Portfolio based on the construction and evolution of a Consolidated Risk Profile.
This seminar is designed for experienced project managers, portfolio managers, chief project officers, project directors and senior managers who need to assign resources to projects to deliver corporate strategies.
What You Will Learn
- Understand alignment with organizational objectives and strategic goals.
- Demonstrate capability to analyze and select organizational initiatives.
- Assign resources to these initiatives in an organized way.
- Optimize use of resources to ensure corporate benefits delivery.
- Take responsibility for change and decisions to realize strategic and business objectives.
- Actively manage business value within a governance framework.
- Recognize why, when and how to use portfolio management.
- Support the development of a portfolio framework and culture.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||8||0||6||14.00|