Aligning the Organization Through Portfolio Management
Organizations that adopt projects as a mean to achieving change and delivering results often find it difficult to prioritize projects and to make best use of their resources; additionally, many recent surveys have demonstrated that project backlog is a major issue in organizations. Portfolio management is a management approach that aims to align project efforts with the corporate strategy and optimize the efficient use of resources throughout the organization. This seminar focuses on three major pillars of Portfolio Management:
- Prioritization of projects and other activities, based on their contribution to organizational benefits and their achievability
- Allocation and prioritizing of resources between those projects and activities that have been chosen so that they can deliver the expected benefits
- Monitoring and Controlling of the components of your Portfolio based on the construction and evolution of a Consolidated Risk Profile.
This seminar is designed for experienced project managers, portfolio managers, chief project officers, project directors and senior managers who need to assign resources to projects to deliver corporate strategies.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand alignment with organizational objectives & strategic goals.
- Demonstrate capability to analyze and select organizational initiatives.
- Assign resources to these initiatives in an organized way.
- Optimize use of resources to ensure corporate benefits delivery.
- Take responsibility for change & decisions to realize strategic & business objectives.
- Actively manage business value within a governance framework.
- Recognize why, when and how to use portfolio management.
- Support the development of a portfolio framework and culture.
PDU Allocation TableThe table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Leadership and Strategic PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Technical PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials.