Coaching and Boosting Performance
DescriptionTopics: Leadership Development | Conflict Management | Influencing | Motivation
Often project management involves coaching team members who are not as experienced or skilled as one would hope in their trade, working collectively or even collaborating for the best team output and project results. The point of failure for many unsuccessful project executions is often individuals who lack critical skills forcing the project manager or other team members to undertake most of the work individually.
Incorporating True Colors International material, PMs will understand the distinctive ways in which different personalities approach communication and approach their individual performance. Participants will learn how to promote open, honest conduct by understanding and appreciating different communication contributions and approaches. The content is designed to allow each individual to become more effective in building performance, removing roadblocks and incorporating team member skill building throughout the project life. In addition, this training will help the participant acquire critical information and identify the leadership traits necessary to better manage resources and complete projects successfully.
Participants will be asked to complete a True Colors International™ assessment during the class and results will be incorporated in real time into the session. True Colors® is an engaging personal learning tool that uses four colors (Orange, Gold, Green and Blue) to represent each of the temperament/personality types. The cost of the assessment is included in the workshop fee.
What You Will Learn
- Identify your personal communication and coaching style
- Build your personal inventory of interpersonal skills.
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses and those of others, using personality analysis tools such as True Colors™.
- Practice and apply techniques to create and shape fair, positive and factual leading.
- Successfully identify personal and professional motivation or drivers allowing you to successfully lead rather than just manage your projects.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|