Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master: For Professionals New to Agile
New Disciplined Agile Now at SeminarsWorld®Topics: Agile | Leadership Development | Influencing
Ever wonder what it is like to work on an Agile team? Sure, on the surface Agile looks simple and straightforward. In practice, though, when we start adopting an Agile way of working, reality quickly proves to be much more complex than expected. Have you tried using Lean? Lean employs concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management. What about Disciplined Agile? Would you like to understand all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organized, roles and team structures, and its overall scope? Do you want to push further, and learn the tools DA provides to tailor your team’s way of working (WoW) so it matches and reflects the unique situation of your unique team?
What You Will Learn
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Apply the values, principles, and practices of agile and lean on your team
- Describe how to create an environment where flow of value can be achieved
- Determine the steps required to support business agility and what it takes to do it in your organization
- Choose the appropriate practices and techniques for your working environment to continuously improve your WoW
- Students to purchase and use during the workshop: Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) – Jan 1 2019 by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be prepared to begin your Disciplined Agile certification journey.
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision toolkit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Procurement and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
DA is architected into four views:
- Mindset. Builds on the foundations of agile and lean to address enterprise realities.
- People. Roles, responsibilities, and team structures.
- Flow. This captures the dynamic aspects of processes via lifecycle diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Practices. This captures detailed strategies/techniques that are put into context via process goal diagrams.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for people who:
- Are new to agile – or -
- Wish to gain a detailed understanding of how agile works from the team to the enterprise level - or -
- Need to lead an agile or lean team in an enterprise setting
PDU Allocation Table