How to Think Strategically and Apply Business Acumen
DescriptionTopics: Strategic Planning and Implementation | Leadership Development | Complexity
Research shows that the next generation of leaders must be able to:
- Think strategically
- Understand their specific business model
- Drive change
This seminar is for anybody who wants a better understanding of competent strategic thinking. It will help you work more effectively with strategy formulation and implementation concepts.
The seminar format stresses interactive discussion of real world examples and applications, including:
- The four pillars and the four X-factors of strategic thinking
- What good strategy is and isn't (it's not goal setting and is seldom found in a strategic plan)
- How to interpret weak signals in the strategic environment of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity).
- How to identify and generate strategic insights.
- How to map a business model and understand how process-oriented functions (for example, PMOs, HR, IT) contribute to the value proposition
- Practical approaches to be more proactive
- Tips for being an extraordinary leader of strategic change and ""move the needle"".
- The intersection of strategic thinking, agility and design thinking
- Your personal development plan
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Work more effectively with executives
Understand the parts of your business and how it creates value
Explain and demonstrate the competencies of strategic thinking
Practice and improve the microskills needed to be a competent strategic thinker
Explain why insights are the secret sauce of strategy
Sense the special characteristics of VUCA and respond with effective tools
Anticipate future conditions that affect your industry and profession
PDU Allocation Table