Delivering Strategic Initiatives with Program Management with Michel Thiry
DescriptionTopics: Strategic Application and Governance | Program Management / Programme | Benefits Realization | Stakeholder Engagement
In the last few years, PPPM roles have expanded to include the delivery of strategic initiatives and the realization of business benefits. This virtual course is designed to help practitioners define what program management is and is not, gain a better understanding of program management, and develop capacities to lead business initiatives. This will be achieved by sharing real-life examples and discussing different approaches to program management. In addition, the seminar will provide strategies for marketing program management and your programs to stakeholders.
NEW VIRTUAL ONLINE SEMINAR. The seminar will rely on an online meeting medium and will resort to collaboration tools for interaction. It will aim to be highly interactive and require minimal technical knowledge. Let's change the world, a little at a time!
- Directors or program sponsors will develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an active sponsor.
- Project managers will learn how projects contribute to a program.
- Program managers will better understand their role, from formulation to transition and closure.
- Portfolio managers will develop the knowledge necessary to evaluate the contribution of program management to their business.
- PMO managers will identify aspects of program management processes and procedures required to successfully realize benefits.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the personal and business requirements necessary to manage a program
- Comprehend the difference between programs and projects
- Align actions and decisions to organizational objectives and strategic goals
- Adjust to changing circumstances and realignment of objectives
- Support change and decisions to realize strategic & business objectives
- Appreciate the use of program resources to ensure benefits delivery
- Demonstrate capability to oversee multiple interdependent and interrelated projects.
- Recognize the role of the program manager as the sponsor for projects within their program
- Actively manage business value and stakeholders’ benefits
- Recognize why, when and how to use program management
- Support the development of a program framework and culture
PDU Allocation Table