Delivering Strategic Initiatives with Program Management
In the last few years, PPPM roles have expanded to include the delivery of strategic initiatives and the realization of business benefits. This course is designed to help practitioners define what program management is and is not, gain in-depth understanding of program management, and develop capacities to lead business initiatives. This will be achieved by share real-life examples with others and discussing different approaches to program management. In addition, the seminar will provide strategies for marketing program management and your programs to stakeholders.
- Directors or program sponsors will develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an active sponsor.
- Project managers will learn how projects contribute to a program.
- Program managers will participate in role-play to develop techniques applicable for your role, from formulation to transition and closure.
- Portfolio managers will develop the knowledge necessary to evaluate the contribution of program management to your business.
- PMO managers will identify aspects of program management processes and procedures required to successfully realize benefits.
What You Will Learn
Understand the personal and business requirements necessary to manage a program
Comprehend the difference between programs and projects
Align actions and decisions to organizational objectives and strategic goals
Adjust to changing circumstances and realignment of objectives
Support change and decisions to realize strategic & business objectives
Appreciate the use of program resources to ensure benefits delivery
Demonstrate capability to oversee multiple interdependent and interrelated projects.
Recognize the role of the program manager as the sponsor for projects within their program
Actively manage business value and stakeholders’ benefits
Recognize why, when and how to use program management
Support the development of a program framework and culture
PDU Allocation TableThe table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Leadership and Strategic PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Technical PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials.