Managing the DANCE: Leading Projects and Programs in a Complex World
Have you ever wondered why, no matter what you do, some projects, programs or strategic initiatives are out of control and hard to manage? You work hard to carefully manage, but the more you try to control the harder it gets? What you have is a problem managing the DANCE - Dynamic, Ambiguous, Non-linear, Complex and Emergent and unpredictable nature of some projects. This seminar will highlight the reality of today’s disruptive and complex project environment and challenge the existing beliefs of how we deal with it.
In today’s projects and programs of any size, there is a lot of uncertainty and it is challenging to identify the multitude of variables to be managed, let alone to anticipate how they might interact to create unexpected challenges. Managing these projects and strategic initiatives requires a new way of thinking and next generation agility. This seminar provides new lenses and different perspective to deal with today’s uncertain project environment. You will learn how to assess complexity and uncertainty and apply unconventional techniques to deal with it. Apply timely leadership insights and practical ideas, and learn to dance on the edge of chaos.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the DANCE characteristics of complex project/program environments and the need for new approaches to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Assess the true status and complexity level of your project, program or strategic initiative, based on a complexity indicator.
- Design an adaptive project / program environment for agility and strength to withstand the turbulence and uncertainty.
- Apply and practice next generation leadership, communication and teamwork practices in an immersive setting.
- Review ten leadership principles necessary for thriving in complex and agile project / program environments.
PDU Allocation TableThe table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Leadership and Strategic PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Technical PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials.