Building and Transforming the Next Generation PMO and Portfolio Management with Jack Duggal
DescriptionTopics: Portfolio Management | Project Management Office PMO | Strategic Application and Governance | Strategic Planning and Implementation | Change Management
How do you build and sustain a PMO for today’s disruptive world? How do you enhance strategy execution capabilities? How do you transform your PMO to the next level? How do you provide sustainable PMO value and results? This seminar is designed to address these questions and more with real-world PMO and Portfolio Management practice and experience from leading PMOs worldwide.
Besides the foundational elements, you will learn to decode the DNA of successful PMOs, and identify the steps necessary to enhance your PMO to the next level. You will gain new perspectives on project management and PMO for today’s turbulent business environment. Find out how to build an adaptive strategy-execution platform while balancing the need for governance and discipline with responsiveness and agility. You will also learn how to apply next generation approaches to transform your PMO to an adaptive and agile PMO as appropriate for your organization.
This seminar will focus on creating the right environment for portfolio management by providing a framework for project selection, prioritization, oversight and governance. Every organization is unique, and this engaging seminar will provide a framework that will help you to assess your organizational environment and culture and chart an appropriate roadmap to evolve your PMO and portfolio. You will also learn how to measure PMO value and customer satisfaction with a PMO Delight Index (PDI).
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- DNA of a Successful PMO: Decode and review the seven core elements and building blocks necessary for a successful PMO based on lessons from leading PMOs around the world.
- Next Generation Insights for Building and Transforming the PMO: Gain new perspectives on project management and PMO for today’s disruptive world – how to build strategy-execution capabilities while balancing the need for governance and discipline.
- PMO Maturity: Assess your organization along the PMO Continuum and chart a roadmap for improvement and optimization.
- Agile PMO: Identify the necessary elements to transform your PMO to an agile and adaptive PMO to support and integrate appropriate agile or hybrid practices.
- Portfolio Management: Practice project classification, selection, prioritization and balancing techniques and cultivate a portfolio mindset along with roles, responsibilities and portfolio management challenges and lessons learned.
- Developing Organizational Change Intelligence: Review key organizational change management (OCM) strategies necessary for a flourishing PMO – focus on change, culture, buy-in and political aspects of sustaining the PMO.
- Measuring PMO Value and Results: Develop a PMO scorecard and dashboard with appropriate metrics to measure PMO value and results.
- Tools & Technology: Review the latest project and portfolio management (PPM) and PMO collaboration tools and implementation issues and lessons learned.
- Innovation: Discuss how the PMO can be designed as a strategy-execution platform that enables continuous learning and innovation.
- PMO Delight Index (PDI): Find out how to measure PMO customer and stakeholder satisfaction with PDI!
- Action Planning: Chart a personalized application action plan suited to your organization’s needs.
Additional PDU Opportunities
Besides 21 PDUs for attending this 3-day seminar, you will also get an opportunity to earn 7 additional PDUs for participating in post-seminar application work (optional). You will get more details of how to participate in this program during the seminar. This is a great opportunity to earn an additional day's worth of PDUs at no extra cost.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||7||7||7||21.00|