The Project Coach: How to Stretch and Develop Others While Getting the Work Done
DescriptionTopics: Communication and Presentation Skills | Leadership Development | Influencing | Motivation
Business coaching has evolved from fad to fundamental. Having the ability to “coach and develop others” is a necessary skill for all project managers. However, with so much to do and so little guidance, how do project managers successfully stretch and develop others while getting the work done?
Successful coaching is based on asking rather than telling, on challenging rather than giving directions and by holding a person accountable for results.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what coaching is and what is it not
- Compare the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Identify the skills that managers will need to be an effective workplace coach
- Explain how to structure a coaching session with team members
- Understand how to coach for development and higher performance
- Suggest a useful framework for a coaching meeting
PDU Allocation Table