Leveraging the Human Domain for Effective Stakeholder Engagement with Bob Mason
DescriptionTopics: Project Management Business Analysis | Stakeholder Engagement | Program Management / Programme | Influencing
Stakeholder engagement often determines the success or failure of a project, yet few project managers approach it with a formalized process. In this engaging workshop, you will enhance your ability to improve stakeholder engagement by learning many of the same concepts and techniques used by military Special Forces. Similar to physical geography, the “Human Domain” must be navigated on the path towards a successful project because projects, like most human endeavors, are no stranger to conflict, opposing interests, and outright hostility.
What can an understanding of the Human Domain do for project managers?
- Shape the project environment to anticipate external challenges and generate options to overcome them
- Strengthen the resolve and commitment of stakeholders
- Recognize sources of opposition to your project and develop plans to overcome
Human Domain fundamentals apply to every project no matter its size or complexity. This workshop will provide tools and techniques for project managers to overcome the challenges of operating in this dynamic, misunderstood, and often hidden domain through which projects unfold.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Describe what the Human Domain is and explain why projects are considered to be operating in the Human Domain
- Demonstrate how the fundamentals of the Human Domain apply to project management
- Identify the five elements affecting human behavior; distinguish types of personal power
- Recognize how Human Domain operations provide the “how to” for stakeholder engagement as described in the PMBOK® Guide
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||7||0||0||7.00|