2025 Strategy Execution Challenge: 20% Market Share; 25% Dividend Growth with Lawrence Suda and Anthony Paris
DescriptionTopics: Decision Making Techniques | Change Management | Portfolio Management | Strategic Planning and Implementation
Despite herculean efforts most organizations struggle to realize the full potential of their business strategies. Typically, driven by either a good but unachievable strategy or the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment, it is estimated that 50 to 75 percent of large-scale change efforts fall short of expectations. The principal problem is that, in many cases, companies focus on executing individual projects and judge their performance based on traditional output-driven metrics such as time, scope, and budget. What gets lost in this approach is a clear perspective on whether the projects, individually or collectively, are truly helping the company achieve its ultimate strategic objectives and create future business value. As a result, companies need to be more disciplined and adaptable in how they implement and oversee these projects to ensure strategic objectives are met. Today, your management team is ‘parachuted’ in to run a company for 4-5 years and given nothing but some investment capital, a loan, some property and equipment, a few talented recruits, a handful of customers and over sixty (60) internal project options.
Your mission is to emerge as the market leader in an intensely competitive market place. This intensive workshop has you craft a strategic execution plan to turn around a struggling company. You will need to build relationships with other business units to enhance overall business performance. This workshop is highly experiential learning laboratory, combining lectures, a business simulation, process consultation, assessment instruments, group discussions, and action/reflection time.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Experience business-owner ‘big picture’ thinking to develop a strategic mindset.
- Manage the most important intangible assets that account for benefits realization, market value and capitalization
- Lead collaborative decisions with other business functional team members while considering project portfolios from different business perspectives
- Identify and align strategic project investments and resources to current and future core capabilities
- Manage the complex relations and trade-off decisions required for strategy execution.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||7||7||14.00|