The Power of Coaching and Facilitation for Project Managers with Maria Fafard
DescriptionTopics: Leadership Development | Leading Project Teams | Motivation
Did you know that coaching and facilitation skills are essential for motivating and engaging your project team? Join us for this highly interactive, in-depth seminar and learn how using these key skills will enable you to take your team’s performance to new heights. The seminar dives deep into coaching and facilitation competencies and their application in a project management context.
Our focus will be on enabling you to develop and practice active listening, powerful questioning, direct communication, and designing actions skills as well as guiding the group to consensus and desired outcomes skills since these coaching and facilitation skills are vital for a successful project manager. You will learn to empower and inspire your team members; to design, prepare for, and facilitate meetings that consistently achieve results; and to boost your team’s productivity and collaboration.
The seminar relies on extensive use of hands-on exercises and storytelling and you will have ample opportunity to practice your newly acquired skills via individual and group exercises, simulations, and role play. Upon completion of this seminar, you will leverage coaching and facilitation skills to make a greater impact in your organization to increase productivity, engagement, and communication on your project team. What might be even more exciting, applying these competencies will help you to empower transformation of individuals, teams and organizations as well as to facilitate your own personal growth, development and career advancement.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to coach project team members using coaching skills such as active listening, powerful questioning, direct communication, designing actions
- Be able to design effective meetings
- Be able to facilitate effective meetings by using facilitation skills such as guiding the group to consensus and desired outcomes
- Understand the distinction between coaching, mentoring, and training as well as enrich their leadership toolkit by adding a coaching module to it
- Recognize relevance and power of coaching to create business impact in project management context
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||14||0||14.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||14||0||14.00|