Negotiating With Confidence: Mastering the Win-Win Approach with Vijay Verma
DescriptionTopics: Leadership Development | Negotiation | Influencing | Communication and Presentation Skills
Negotiating is a fact of life. It is a process through which parties with shared and opposed interests reach agreement. It is one of the most important skills for all project managers in today’s global economy. Effective communication and cultural awareness are the keys to win-win negotiations. Often, project managers have little or no formal authority over their stakeholders. Therefore, they must develop and use their negotiating and communicating skills to manage their projects successfully. Communicating involves verbal, nonverbal, written, formal, and informal communications among many stakeholders with diverse interests. A multigenerational work environment is now a reality that poses distinct communication and negotiation challenges in managing project teams. Culture has significant impact on negotiation strategy. Cultural differences influence methods of negotiating, negotiating process, and its outcome. Project managers must understand and capitalize on cultural differences to achieve win-win solutions.
In this highly interactive seminar, you will learn of the importance of interpersonal communication and active listening in negotiations, barriers to successful communication and remedial actions, and practical strategies to communicate effectively in different cultures. You will study a cultural orientation model that consists of six critical dimensions and five cultural variables with related orientations to prepare for successful negotiations. You will learn practical strategies to negotiate by focusing on interests, instead of on positions, and generating mutually beneficial options to achieve win-win solutions. You will learn strategies to negotiate effectively with your project stakeholders to meet project objectives and build better working relationships.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of culture on negotiation and understand the cultural orientation model with six critical dimensions and five cultural variables.
- Identify three common methods, four principles, and seven elements of successful negotiations.
- Analyze negotiating processes and develop strategies to prepare that focus on interests instead of positions to reach win-win negotiations.
- Describe practical guidelines for negotiating and adapt negotiating style, according to people and situations.
- Discuss the dynamics of interpersonal communication, active listening, and barriers to successful communications and remedial actions for effective negotiations.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||14||0||14.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||14||0||14.00|