Managing the DANCE: Leading Projects/Programs in Today’s Turbulent & Uncertain World with Jack Duggal
DescriptionTopics: Leadership Development | Agile | Complexity | Project Management
In today’s turbulent time, how do we manage projects and programs in an uncertain world? We are indeed in the midst of DANCE—the Dynamic, Ambiguous, Non-linear, Complex and Emergent nature of the evolving reality around us. How do we make sense of the new normal in the midst of a pandemic world and how it impacts our projects and programs? How do we get through this and manage in an increasingly uncertain environment?
No matter what kind of project or program you are involved in, there is an increasing uncertainty and it is challenging to identify the multitude of variables that might be impacted, let alone anticipate how they might interact to create unexpected challenges. We are going to have to reflect, reframe, renew, and rethink our approaches. Managing projects and leading strategic initiatives requires a new way of thinking and next generation agility and adaptability to thrive in the new normal.
This seminar will provide different lenses that trigger new perspectives and insights that will help us to make sense of the current reality. You will learn how to assess complexity and uncertainty and apply unconventional techniques to deal with it. We will discuss how to get through this and not only survive and become resilient but thrive and go beyond and get stronger. Apply timely leadership insights and practical ideas and learn to thrive and DANCE on the edge of chaos!
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Make sense of today’s evolving reality—learn to identify the DANCE characteristics of complex project/program environments and the need for new approaches to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Assess the uncertainty and complexity level of their project, program or strategic initiative.
- Discuss the need for new perspectives in planning and risk management in an increasingly uncertain world.
- How to prepare for the next normal—learn to design an adaptive project / program environment for agility and strength to withstand the turbulence and uncertainty.
- Apply and practice next generation leadership, communication and teamwork practices relevant for a post-COVID reality.
- Review ten leadership principles necessary for thriving and going beyond resilience in tough times.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||10||4||14.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||10||4||14.00|