Step up Your Influence – Step up Your Projects with Josef Martens
DescriptionTopics: Leading Project Teams | Influencing | Leadership Development
The business world is moving from an environment of management to an environment of influence because we realize that there is something more important than juggling tasks, budgets and resources. We must work with—and through—our stakeholder relationships. In this course, we will take a behind-the-scenes look at how business relationships work and the essential components of influence.
Imagine that this is how you are seen by your key stakeholder: everyone trusts you as you manage your in-person and virtual teams. They know you have the finesse to handle the biggest challenges with grace and mastery. They know you are a reliable partner, even when the waves are high and you are against the wall, you are the go-to-person when things get tough.
Here is what got you there: you recognize that it’s not the technical issues, it’s the human side that sets you apart. And mastering the human side doesn’t just happen, it requires the same attention you have given your industry knowledge, your technical expertise and your PMP certification. This course focuses on just that: step up your influence and thereby step up your projects.
In role-playing sessions, scenario discussions, quizzes and interactive games, you will practice key skills and start your journey toward influence mastery. You will apply yourself to real-world situations and cases; and in the process, transform your leadership and open new opportunities with customers, senior leaders, and your teams. This program combines advanced leadership skills with a practical how-to-guide to become more influential with all your stakeholders.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the cognitive, emotional, and social skills required to be an effective, trusted project manager
- Recognize the factors that accelerate trust and identify specific ways to improve personal trustworthiness
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders to reveal root cause issues and needs
- Apply the dynamics of influence to achieve real results with the project team and others
- Understand how to consistently elevate their role from service provider to partner to trusted adviser.
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|