Hello Chapter Leaders!
We are working on a new program and need a name for it! We are currently using “CAPM 2 PMP” as a working name. You are invited to review the program and submit a name. You can submit up to 3 names per person.
The winning chapter will receive $1,000.00 USD.
Please keep in mind the following naming requirements:
- This will be a global program so the name must be able to be translated or understood in English around the world
- The name cannot already be in use. You might want to do an Internet Search before submission. We will run official checks on finalist entries, but it will be helpful if you do a cursory check.
Due date is 8 February 2023
Program Background and Description:
PMI is launching a new initiative for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential holders who want to move forward in their careers and become a Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
The CAPM 2 PMP Program can offer career opportunities to CAPM® credential holders in the field of project management to practice and learn while also obtaining the valuable experience needed to become a project management professional and earn their PMP® certification.
This new and exciting program offers CAPM credential holders, who want to earn their PMP, an opportunity to do so faster. This will ensure that entry-level project managers get the opportunity to do meaningful project work and get the leadership and on-the-job experience they need to earn the PMP. This will also help ensure companies have a strong talent pool to continue to grow their products and services.
What are some of the benefits of joining the program?
- Track tasks/experience under a PMP supervisor so they can qualify to the PMP
- Completion of the programs task list converts to their PMP application
- CAPM 2 PMP program achievement digital badge
- Access to a skilled pool of candidates who have project management knowledge and are looking to become a future Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- A development opportunity for CAPM credential holders to encourage certification with the promise of a development path.
- An opportunity for the organization to train the CAPM credential holders, tailored to the company’s way to do project management.