Program Background and Description:
PMI is launching a new initiative for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential holders who want to move forward in their careers and become a Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
The CAPM 2 PMP Program can offer career opportunities to CAPM® credential holders in the field of project management to practice and learn while also obtaining the valuable experience needed to become a project management professional and earn their PMP® certification.
This new and exciting program offers CAPM credential holders, who want to earn their PMP, an opportunity to do so faster. This will ensure that entry-level project managers get the opportunity to do meaningful project work and get the leadership and on-the-job experience they need to earn the PMP. This will also help ensure companies have a strong talent pool to continue to grow their products and services.
What are some of the benefits of joining the program?
- Track tasks/experience under a PMP supervisor so they can qualify to the PMP
- Completion of the programs task list converts to their PMP application
- CAPM 2 PMP program achievement digital badge
- Access to a skilled pool of candidates who have project management knowledge and are looking to become a future Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- A development opportunity for CAPM credential holders to encourage certification with the promise of a development path.
- An opportunity for the organization to train the CAPM credential holders, tailored to the company’s way to do project management.