Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey—Twelfth Edition
As disruptive as COVID-19 has been, project management skills and expertise are still heavily in demand. The twelfth edition of Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey charts the salary landscape for project professionals. The report compares median salaries by country in US dollars.The report also shows median salary in US dollars cross-tabulated by eight major project management positions, years of work experience in project management, PMP status and project size. PMI members have exclusive access to the full report with detailed information, in local currency, about the 40 countries surveyed.
Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey is perfect for empowering professionals and for HR, recruiters, and compensation committees who face tougher challenges to retain talent and wish to benchmark compensation.
Check out our interactive Salary Survey Tool:
Non-members can read the summary report.
- Salary data from more than 30,000 project management practitioners
- Responses from professionals in 40 countries
- A general listing of median salaries reported by country from highest to lowest
- Salary data cross-tabulated by demographic variables including eight project management positions (from entry-level project managers to senior executives in project management)
- Reported salary increases over the past 12 months and expected salary increases over the next 12 months
- Information on employee benefit packages
- This latest edition of Earning Power shows that survey respondents with a PMP certification report higher median salaries than those without a PMP certification — 16% higher on average across the 40 countries surveyed.
- Despite the impact of COVID-19, half of the respondents (50%) report that their total compensation (including salary, bonus, and other cash incentives) increased over the 12 months prior to completing the salary survey. Nearly one-quarter (22%) reported increases of at least 5% over that time period.
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.
- Country of employment
- Position description
- Years of work experience
- Years worked in project management
- Highest formal education level obtained
- Degree in project management
- PMP® status
- Number of employees in entire organization
- Average project team size
- Typical project budget
You have access to the full Salary Survey report and Interactive Salary Tool if you are a PMI Member. Please log in to enjoy your exclusive PMI member benefit!