Business Reality Check: Pitfalls on the Path to Prosperity
Have you ever wondered how some individuals became fabulously wealthy, à la Bill Gates and Michael Dell, while others are convicted of crimes? Why do some founders create vast empires while others disappear from the business landscape? What factors come into play among diverse companies such as Ford Motor Company, Enron, and Atari? The fact that some businesses prosper and others fail is common knowledge. The concern is how to avoid pitfalls that have plagued other ventures.
This 2-hour interactive online course is tailored to increase the awareness of specific problems that businesses face. Possessing such information provides the foresight necessary to minimize the effects of these problems, if not outright avoid them. This course is complimented by “Launching a Successful Start-up Business: Entrepreneurial Basics,” which provides an overview of issues primarily relevant to start-up businesses.
What You Will Learn
- Be able to recognize common errors that occur during business ventures
- Know the characteristics often associated with founders of companies and be able to compare your own strengths
- Understand the importance of market awareness
- Be familiar with the issues associated with ‘starting up’
- Know the importance of intellectual property rights and how to protect yourself
- Review of general business principles
Who Should Take This Course
Project managers, functional managers, senior managers, team leaders, sales management, customer account representatives, business analysts, project sponsors, portfolio managers, program managers, instructors