Collecting Customer Requirements
At Velociteach®, we believe most projects' success or failure hinges upon well-defined, accurately-targeted customer requirements. Collecting customer requirements involves both art and science! In this course, you will learn methods for collecting customer requirements, including how to ensure each requirement passes the SMART Test. Receive expert instruction describing common mistakes and how to avoid them. Apply your newly-learned knowledge in an exercise—you may want to share the results with your manager!
Provides Category-A PDUs; Hosted by Velociteach's InSite system, narrated by Harold Samson, PMP.
What You Will Learn
- What is Collecting Customer Requirements?
- The Wrong Stakeholder
- Interim Sign-offs & Approvals
- Acceptance Criteria
- Common Mistakes
- What do you want?
- What do you need?
- What is the problem you are trying to solve?
- Example of Wrong Question
- More Questions—3 Constraints—Which is Most Important?
- Are the Requirements Legitimate?
- SMART Criteria
- SMART Example