Communicating with International Contractors
International business connections have become an integral part of the modern office. Between outsourcing call center operations and tech jobs overseas to researching opportunities in foreign markets, the ability to communicate with employees and contractors of different cultures is vital to the development of your business and your career. This 1-hour interactive online course is designed to give specific tips and techniques for dealing with employees or contractors who do not work in the same office as their supervisor, and do not necessarily speak English as their first language.
At the end of the course, you will be able to better communicate with international or overseas employees and contractors.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the key to making an international business relationship work
- Have a better understanding of cultural differences in business practices
- Know the Fundamental Attribution Error and how it applies to miscommunications
- Be able to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively
- Know how to properly structure your methods of communication
- Understand how to effectively communicate by telephone and email
- Be familiar with how to effectively utiilize new communication technologies
- Understand how to negotiate payment
- Know the issues surrounding financial transfers
Who Should Take This Course
Project managers, functional managers, senior managers, team leaders, sales management, customer account representatives, business analysts, project sponsors, portfolio managers, program managers, instructors