Create a Change Plan: Change Management
DescriptionAre you able to create a change plan that supports your organization’s strategic goals? And if so, which approach will allow your project to meet them? Is a change plan even necessary? Whatever your decision, as project manager, you’ll need to navigate the personalities and other teams involved.
This course is the second in the Program Change Management Series. The setting is Nice, France—due to an economic downturn, 5-star resorts are no longer profitable. In order to adapt to the changing economy, the luxurious Newport Hotel needs to change its level of service to from 5-star elegance to the more in-demand 4-star level, much to the concern of the hotel management and staff (internal stakeholders). Travel agents, travel critics and loyal guests (external stakeholders) will need to be convinced that the Newport is still a player in this new, downscaled resort industry. Determine if your organization been dealt a winning hand. Confident in your choices? Double down on your skills and hit the jackpot!
What You Will Learn
- Considering people and cultural issues to determine appropriate change approaches.
- Determining change approach elements required to develop a program roadmap.
- Identifying approaches to build and monitor support for managing programs using agile principles and practices.
- Creating a change program roadmap to achieve your organization’s strategy.
- Identifying transition and integration strategies and activities.