Financial Management 1: Negotiating Contracts
Cash flow is the life blood of your firm and lack of cash is the primary cause in 92 percent of all bankruptcies. Increasing cash flow, managing cash, and using cash to your best advantage is as important to your business as superior architecture or design work. This 1-hour interactive online course helps you develop the skills needed to price your services to ensure profitability on every job. There is a test at the end.
This is the first chapter of the “Financial Management for the A/E/C Firm” course series from PSMJ Resources, Inc. offered through RedVector.com in its entirety. We strongly recommend that you take all nine chapters of this course series.
What You Will Learn
- Choose the most effective of the five basic contract types for any type of job
- Negotiate as many provisions as you can into your contracts to generate the most cash
- Ensure that you get paid for changes
- Avoid language in contracts that is unfavorable to your firm
- Utilize contract and letter of agreement templates