Fundamentals of Globalization: Analyzing the Global Environment
A global organization needs to be sensitive to the environmental factors that shape national and global markets. Awareness of conditions at national and global levels enables managers to respond appropriately to the constantly changing social, political, economic, and technological forces they will have to navigate. Similarly, an accurate understanding of the competition faced in international contexts allows managers to identify and develop the key skills and resources that are a prerequisite to success in specific territories. This course deals with the global environmental factors influencing an organization's strategies and management. It explains how to analyze these factors and also describes a framework for analyzing the industries and markets that make up the competitive environment in which a global organization operates.
What You Will Learn
- Distinguishing between the macro and micro environments in which an organization operates
- Describing how to analyze the external environment of a global organization
- Recognizing examples of the guidelines for conducting a SLEPT analysis
- Matching factors in the macroenvironment to examples of how they can affect an organization
- Matching the components of a resource-based competitive analysis to examples of what you need to consider for each