Fundamentals of Organizations – Groups
Groups are a key component in any organization, so knowing how they function best is vital when trying to understand organizational behavior. Working in groups has key advantages for organizations, such as fostering creativity, pooling skills, and improving decision-making and performance. But groups aren't always effective, so it's important to identify what makes groups effective and learn how to deal with obstacles that groups encounter. In addition to explaining the characteristics of successful groups, this course provides guidance on how to address employee resistance to collaboration, priority conflict problems within groups, and various other conflicts within groups.
What You Will Learn
- recognize characteristics of effective groups within organizations
- determine appropriate actions to take to address resistance to collaboration
- recognize appropriate actions to remedy particular priority conflict problems in groups
- recognize causes of group conflict
- sequence examples of the steps to take to resolve a conflict in a group