Gather and Document Project Requirements
Save your project! Learn to prevent project failure by building your skills to effectively gather and document project requirements. This course is part of the Investigate Your Project series where the student is the private investigator for a project that met its untimely demise. Using an interactive approach, you will actively plan the collections requirement process, outline the requirements document, and select a collection tool for your project’s data. By the end of this course, you will be able to apply key concepts to ensure project success.
What You Will Learn
- Evaluate the validity of previously-generated project requirements by using PMBOK® Guide-aligned requirements criteria.
- Determine relevant stakeholders and other data sources for each high-level requirement.
- Develop a framework for a requirements document that meets PMBOK® Guide requirements documentation criteria.
- Select tools for requirements collection and indicate the rationale for their selection.
- Elicit thorough, accurate, and traceable requirements using various tools.
- Record data in a requirements document based upon PMBOK® Guide documentation criteria.
- Collect a comprehensive set of requirements aligned to business needs and stakeholder goals in order to meet project objectives.