Leading and Managing Change
This course addresses the key issues managers face in a dynamic environment. Whether adopting new technology or adapting to a drastic shift in an organization's core focus, managers play a fundamental role in effecting changes.
Managers and leaders must recognize the potential issues and obstacles common in change management. By understanding the steps in effecting change and the strategies and tactics available to overcome resistance as discussed in this course, a manager can successfully lead change at various levels of an organization.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss organizational change and the forms it can take
- Describe Kotter's Eight-Step Process recommended for implementing change successfully
- Outline Lewin's model of change and discuss its limitations
- Identify the factors a leader or manager can employ to promote change
- Discuss the underpinnings of resistance to change and how to overcome it
- Describe the five-step ADKAR model for change management
- Discuss the three steps of the Cisco Change Roadmap
- Understand strategic change and mastering a changing environment