This course addresses the key issues surrounding leadership in a team. Why is it important? What does itrequire for a team leader to lead his team effectively?
The course also considers how team leaders must account for the special and unique circumstances of working in a team, where responsibility, accountability, communication, and leadership are shared. Understanding how empowered teams are different is a key step in understanding how to lead teams in any organization.
What You Will Learn
- List and identify the key characteristics and types of teams
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of empowered teams that leaders need to be aware of
- Identify differences in the primary and secondary roles filled by empowered teams and team leaders
- Recognize the key sources of motivation for empowered teams
- Explain Tuckman's model of team development
- Recognize the key qualities and skills of a team leader
- State the value of using the “checklist for team leaders”
- Recognize and apply suggested approaches for managing conflict in teams
- Discuss the different approaches needed for leading virtual teams