Lean Basics describes the core concepts and central principles practitioners will need to successfully understand and apply Lean strategies to organizational operations. This course provides instructional material that explains the underlying philosophy and theory of effective Lean implementation. Key ideas are presented in an easy-to-understand format, with interactive and integrative exercises to help learners better understand the foundational elements of a Lean application.
Case studies and video segments from experienced Lean professionals provide real-world advice and counsel for participants, while educational aids and review assignments assist in the comprehension and retention of course material, to ensure proficiency and mastery of critical knowledge and information.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the key principles and practices of an effective Lean approach
- Describe the benefits that a Lean application can provide to organizations, supply chains, and value streams
- Assess the impact of culture in Lean environments
- Illustrate the role that just-in-time and jidoka standards play in Lean implementation
- Formulate strategies for eliminating the waste and non-value-added activities in work systems and processes
- Explain how the interconnectivity of Lean concepts leads to continuous advancement and breakthrough improvements in the workplace
Upon successful completion of this course, you will earn 10 PDUs (10 Technical)
Who Should Take This Course
Professionals seeking lean knowledge