Manage a Mixed Portfolio: Agile in the PMO
DescriptionIs Agile the right approach for your organization? This course will help you determine the best path to prepare your organization for agile adoption. Learn by following a fictitious scenario where you travel to “Waterfall Island” to an ancient archeological dig site that reveals clues about how the native people used agile practices and principles to ensure their growth and sustainment efforts aligned with their core vision and goals.
This course is part of the Agile in the Program Management Office Series, where you serve as a PMO director and guide the transformation of your office from a waterfall-based to an agile-based PMO. Explore the jungle, caves, and ancient cities of Waterfall Island to discover the differences between waterfall and agile management.
What You Will Learn
- Qualifying a portfolio backlog that consists of programs using both waterfall and agile principles and practices
- Strategically aligning and qualifying a portfolio backlog using agile principles and practices
- Determining if your backlog is aligned to organizational strategic vision
- Creating a qualifier filter
- Evaluating your backlog to determine what work qualifies for ranking within the portfolio
- Ranking the work components of your qualified portfolio backlog