Manage Requirements Change Requests
Requests for changes come in constantly during the course of a project. To be an effective project manager, you must learn to control change to optimize business results and meet the requirements approved by the sponsor and other stakeholders. This course is part of the Investigate Your Project series where the student is the private investigator for a project that met its untimely demise. Using an interactive approach you will manage the requirements change requests process to ensure that project goals are met, clients are satisfied, and optimal team relations prevail. By the end of this course, you will be able to apply key concepts to ensure project success.
What You Will Learn
- Create a responsibility matrix defining project manager and business analyst duties
- Create a change log to record the outcomes of the change requests
- Evaluate change requests for clarity and completeness
- Concisely record and communicate change request recommendations and decisions
- Update project documents based on change request statuses
- Communicate change request statuses
- Verify through sources that a change request was implemented
- Select post-verification activities based on the results of a change request implementation verification
Who Should Take This Course
Project managers seeking to gain more control over their projects.