Principles of Accounting and Finance for Non-financial Professionals
If you are a non-financial professional, you may find the functions of finance and accounting daunting. But because every activity or non-activity has financial implications in an organization, financial acumen is expected at every organizational level. This course aims to familiarize you with basic accounting and financial concepts, as you are introduced to key finance and accounting terms and concepts such as the accounting equation, accrual-based accounting, financial risks and returns, and basic accounting principles and processes. This knowledge can help you to better manage and control your activities and make decisions that support the organization’s bottom line.
What You Will Learn
- Recalling the basic accounting equation
- Identifying the key differences between cash- and accrual-based accounting
- Matching phases of the accounting process with actions that are performed at each phase
- Recognizing how a business transaction affects a financial statement in given examples
- Identifying four types of financial risks