Why take one step forward when you can take three? This three-course eLearning track shows you how to command a project by effectively communicating with the people whose support you need most—executives and sponsors.
- Techniques for Communicating Effectively with Senior Executives
- Preparing to Communicate Effectively at the ‘C’ Level
- Influencing Your Project Sponsor
Learn proven techniques to clearly communicate ‘upward’ to senior leadership, navigate the C-suite and leverage your potential to get what you (and your project) need from executives. If your goal is project success, you need to speak their language—and now you can! Discounted cost compared to individual courses.
What You Will Learn
- Determining whether general principles for communicating upward have been followed in a given scenario
- Matching communication platforms to characteristics
- Determining whether relevant guidelines have been followed when using specific platforms to communicate with senior executives
- How to report or make a proposal to senior executives
- Making a request to a senior executive
- What you need to be clear about when communicating with senior executives
- The characteristics and drivers of senior executives that affect how you should communicate with them
- Determining which basic principles for communicating with senior executives have been applied in a scenario
- How to apply the principles to build credibility with senior executives
- Planning the content of your meetings with senior executives
- How to conduct a meeting with senior executives
- Recognizing ways to strengthen sponsor relationships
- Identifying types of information a sponsor considers valuable
- Developing sponsor communications that contain an appropriate level of detail
Who Should Take This Course
Any project professional who wants to increase effective communication and influence skills when interacting with senior management, executives and project sponsors.