Winning Proposals 1: Preliminary Steps & Planning Strategies
Proposals are the first and most important link to getting in the door with a client. Yet firms spend an average of between $5000 and $9000 per proposal, only 30% of which succeed. It is crucial that your completed proposals stand out in a sea of look-alikes. It is just as important that you determine which proposal opportunities you should chase, and how much time and money to allocate to each opportunity. This online course series on Winning Proposals from PSMJ Resources will help you develop the skills you need to create a strategic, polished proposal—every time. This 1-hour online course is the first chapter of the series and explores the preliminary steps and considerations that should be taken before writing a proposal. It covers RFP answering and review, how marketing plays a role, proposal writing costs, proposal types and opportunity assessment.
What You Will Learn
- Gather the most critical intelligence about your industry, your clients, and your competition
- Determine how much to spend on a given proposal
- Tell the difference between public and private sector proposals
- Analyze an RFP for positive signals from the client
- Understand all of the facets involved in a go/no-go decision