Winning Proposals 4 & 5: Final Considerations & Evaluations
Proposals are the first and most important link to getting in the door with a client. Yet firms spend an average of between $5000 and $9000 per proposal, only 30% of which succeed. It is crucial that your completed proposals stand out in a sea of look-alikes. It is just as important that you determine which proposal opportunities you should chase, and how much time and money to allocate to each opportunity. This online course series on Winning Proposals from PSMJ Resources will help you develop the skills you need to create a strategic, polished proposal—every time.
This 1-hour interactive online course is the fourth and fifth chapters of the series and explores the ‘final touches’ you should consider for your proposal. The impact of important elements such as font styles, color choices, graphic selections and paper types are discussed. The course also covers packaging your proposal including binding, covers, dividers and paper. You'll also learn what it means to put together a ‘Red Team’ to critique your proposal. The course wraps up with a look at delivering, debriefing and post-analysis of your proposal. You must have Flash Player Version 7 or higher to view some parts of this course. We also recommend you view this course in Internet Explorer.
What You Will Learn
- Write for maximum client readability
- Use boilerplate the right way
- Identify attractive page layouts and fonts
- Understand how to use graphics effectively
- Include the most finishing touches in the package
- Work with the Red Team to help you improve your proposals
- Know what to do immediately before delivering the proposal
- Deliver your proposal in the most efficient way
- Use decision time and debriefing time to improve your overall proposal process