Communication — The Path To Payoff
Communication — The Path to Payoff (w/ guest Oren Klaff)
About our Guest – Oren Klaff
Oren Klaff is author of Pitch Anything and an investment banker who has raised more than $1 billion for entrepreneurs.
Picking up our previous conversation on “pitching projects,” Oren practices what he preaches — diving right into describing “a path to payoff” to follow when running team meetings or presenting a solution to stakeholders. To skip ahead to specific conversation points, scroll on the progress bar and click on the time mark to the point of the conversation that you want to hear.
- @02:46 — describe problems in ways that solutions are valued
- @10:57 — establish why meeting is important and worth the time
- @12:35 — build a narrative arc about what's new or changing
- @18:54 — ‘unpack’ the solution with facts then ‘sell’ benefits with emotion
- @21:30 — only present for as long as you can be compelling
- @23:13 — remember and believe that YOU are the value
We hope you’ve enjoyed our new podcast series, Projectified with PMI. You may share this podcast page with your fellow project managers by clicking on your favorite social share button at the top of the page. To join the conversation online, we ask you to use #Projectified and @PMInstitute. We also encourage you to leave a rating on iTunes or Google Play by clicking on the links below. Thank you very much, and stay tuned as we release more episodes of Projectified with PMI.
Author of Pitch Anything