Communication — Pitching Your Projects
Communication — Pitching Your Projects (w/Oren Klaff)
About our Guest – Oren Klaff
Oren Klaff, author of Pitch Anything and investment banker who has raised more than $1 billion for entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Stephen Maye speaks with Oren Klaff. Oren makes a compelling case for why pitching an idea or solution is a crucial skill for project managers, and he offers tips for getting buy-in and selling the future. Oren shares common mistakes we make in presentations and how we can avoid them. To skip ahead to specific conversation points, scroll on the progress bar and click on the time mark to the point of the conversation that you want to hear.
- @02:17 — “lowering the dome” to control project meetings
- @05:26 — “selling the future” with a focus on measurable assumptions
- @08:59 — getting buy-in by giving autonomy
- @11:41 — the 3 common problems with presentations
- @15:27 — using a narrative with a focus on what is changing
- @20:13 — understanding the rules of the neocortex
We hope you’ve enjoyed our new podcast series, Projectified with PMI. You may share this podcast page with your fellow project managers by clicking on your favorite social share button at the top of the page. We also encourage you to leave a rating on iTunes or Google Play by clicking on the links below. Thank you very much, and stay tuned as we release more episodes of Projectified with PMI.
Author of Pitch Anything