Creativity — Make It Part of Your Toolkit
Creativity — Make It Part of Your Toolkit (w/Scott Berkun)
About our Guest – Scott Berkun
Best-selling author of Dance of the Possible, among other publications. Scott is a former Microsoft project manager, creative-thinking teacher and popular speaker.
In this episode, Stephen Maye speaks with Scott Berkun. Scott shares insights on the often misunderstood, neglected role of creativity in project management, opportunities to encourage and apply creativity in process-oriented environments, and why it is key to succeeding in a future where automation will replace many aspects of work.
- @02:48 — how creativity is misunderstood and a definition for the project world
- @06:19 — where creativity is relevant to project work
- @07:35 — deciding and fighting for what is “good” for a project
- @11:09 — the role of creativity in a more automated future
- @16:35 — idea-generation and exploration on your projects
- @20:27 — opportunities to apply creativity to projects
- @21:24 — framing creativity as problem-solving
We hope you’ve enjoyed our new podcast series, Projectified with PMI. You may share this podcast page with your fellow project managers by clicking on your favorite social share button at the top of the page. We also encourage you to leave a rating on iTunes or Google Play by clicking on the links below. Thank you very much, and stay tuned as we release more episodes of Projectified with PMI.
Best-selling author of Dance of the Possible