The Value the Program Provides
The Leadership Institute Master Class (LIMC) combines interactive learning, experiential activities, case studies, personal assessments and trends to equip PMI chapter leaders with the techniques and frameworks to work with and through others to drive organizational success. This program equips PMI volunteer chapter leaders with the knowledge and tools needed to elevate themselves to senior leadership positions in their chapters and beyond.
This three-part program — strategically placed over the course of one year — will begin prior to the 2020 Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) – North America, conclude at the 2021 LIM – North America and will include a 4-day session in spring 2021 in North America. In addition, there will be virtual learning opportunities, at least monthly, throughout the year to prepare and support learning provided during the in-person sessions.
The educational components of this program are funded by PMI (volunteer is responsible for travel and lodging). It is intended to support PMI chapter volunteers who have demonstrated through their efforts and dedication, the ability to develop as highly effective leaders in their PMI chapters and the profession.
As a result of this program, participants will:
- Learn how key stakeholders view leadership effectiveness through a 360-degree self-evaluation and personalized coaching sessions.
- Strengthen external influence skills with boards, fellow volunteer leaders, project management practitioners, senior management and other critical stakeholders.
- Enhance executive image and communication skills.
- Broaden network of global project managers and PMI volunteer leaders.
- Develop clear action plans as a professional and as a volunteer leader.
- Strengthen abilities to develop others and build strong teams.
- Validate or recast the organizational vision of the Institute and the profession.
- Build collaboration and strategic management skills to effectively and efficiently lead.
Through a combination of program elements, the Master Class strives to provide a positive learning experience for PMI volunteer chapter leaders who are committed to advancing the profession.
The structure of the program utilizes diverse elements, which may include:
- Personal self-reflection through assessments, coaching and feedback
- Relationship and teambuilding exercises
- Case studies applied to learning activities
- Learning partner groups to enhance the individual study
- Self-directed action planning
- Leadership development workshops and facilitated discussions by leadership subject matter experts
- Virtual collaboration and learning forums
- PMI sessions will provide the opportunity for in-depth discussions on organizational strategy and community alignment as well as a deep dive into thought leadership research and trends impacting the profession