SDG Pledge Form FAQs
Why are we pledging hours in support of the SDGs?
PMI aims to lead with purpose by our dedication to making a difference around the world and to advocate for People, Planet, and Purpose. This year we’re calling upon our community of changemakers to pull together in service and contribute our collective skills in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to make an impact on the world around us. As a member of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), we are committed to supporting the UNGC and their mission to advocate for universal principles like human rights, labor, environment, education and anti-corruption.
Why did PMI choose the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
The United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) serve as a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all individuals worldwide. They address the challenges we face as a global community. These goals are scalable and applicable to all project leaders around the world allowing everyone equal opportunity to make an impact through service projects.
What are the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
- No Poverty - Economic growth must be inclusive to provide sustainable jobs and promote equality.
- Zero Hunger - The food and agriculture sector offers key solutions for development, and is central for hunger and poverty eradication.
- Good Health and Well-Being - Ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages is essential to sustainable development.
- Quality Education - Obtaining a quality education is the foundation to improving people’s lives and sustainable development.
- Gender Equality - Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
- Clean Water and Sanitation - Clean, accessible water for all is an essential part of the world we want to live in.
- Affordable and Clean Energy - Energy is central to nearly every major challenge and opportunity.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth - Sustainable economic growth will require societies to create the conditions that allow people to have quality jobs.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development.
- Reduced Inequalities - To reduce inequalities, policies should be universal in principle, paying attention to the needs of disadvantaged and marginalized populations.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities - There needs to be a future in which cities provide opportunities for all, with access to basic services, energy, housing, transportation and more.
- Responsible Production and Consumption - Responsible Production and Consumption.
- Climate Action - Climate change is a global challenge that affects everyone, everywhere.
- Life Below Water - Careful management of this essential global resource is a key feature of a sustainable future.
- Life On Land - Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss.
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions - Access to justice for all, and building effective, accountable institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals - Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
What is PMI’s goal?
PMI has set a goal to contribute 100,000 hours towards attaining these goals by December 2021. We are calling upon PMI staff, members, chapters, credential holders, volunteers and any individuals or organizations who want to get involved to their commitment in the form of hours of service.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of participants on a project?
There are no minimum or maximum number of participants on a project.