Please join GAC in congratulating the University of Quebec in Montreal’s School of Management (ESG UQAM) on the 40th anniversary of its Master’s Program in Project Management. ESG UQAM developed the first program in project management in 1976, making the University of Quebec the first college in the world to teach this rising discipline. The first cohort started in 1977 in Montreal, with 30 students. Today, more than 2000 graduates of the program apply their knowledge and shape the economy of Quebec, and elsewhere in the world.
At present, ESG offers four different programs, serving the needs of a wide range of students:
- Master’s Program in Project Management, Professional Stream
- Master’s Program in Project Management, Cooperative Stream
- Master’s Program in Project Management, Research Stream
- Specialized Graduate Degree in Project Management
- Short-program in Project Management
The Master’s Programs in Project Management are accredited by the PMI Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education (GAC) and is the only program in Canada to currently hold this distinction.
ESG UQAM is also celebrating two other significant milestones:
- 40 years of collaboration with the PMI Montreal Chapter. The Chapter was founded in 1976, the same year that the first cohort was established. Both the University and the Chapter have had a long and fruitful relationship, further strengthening the project management profession.
- 2017 also brings the 10th anniversary of the Chair in Project Management at the University of Quebec in Montreal. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Brian Hobbs, this Chair collaborates with researchers, as well as working on local and international projects for private and public organizations and associations such as the Project Management Institute (PMI).
To honor the founders and visionaries of the Master’s Programs in Project Management, as well as to look toward the profession’s future, ESG UQAM’s year long celebration includes the following upcoming and recently completed events:
- A Joint PMI Montreal/ESG UQAM Event, in September 2017. This event focuses on new trends in Project Management, and engaging the next generation of rising professionals.
- A Gala Dinner in November 2017. This Gala will honor the people who made the program a success. From the professors, to the students to the alumni.
- A Research Colloquium in June 2017
- A Festivities Launch, in March of 2017