PMP Content Updates and Timing
This is not news - the PMP® Exam Prep learning materials are being updated! But many are still questioning will the updates include the latest PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition.
To provide clarity, the updates are iterations to the materials and reflect the current ECO. Remember, the exam references many sources. Learning material references will be changed to reflect the new ECO and exam references when they are updated. Current updates include spelling, graphics, and structure.
What about timing? We learned from the first version update and have implemented the following strategy.
- PMI will release the printed materials ship date at least one month before the transition date. This enables ATPs to use any remaining printed materials minimizing waste.
- Instructor kits will be replaced with the updated materials during the print conversion month. This enables the instructor’s access to review release notes, slides, and guides to be prepared for the release.
- Learner kits will become available to order on the Logical Operations CHOICE platform on the print release date.
REMEMBER: The prior version will remain in the learner and instructor kits as a reference or for those in the middle of a session during the transition date.
PMP Content Updates?
We are still fielding questions from many instructors and Authorized Training Partners (ATP) regarding the updates to the PMI Authored learning materials and the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition.
Content Updates of the current learning materials are slated for early Q3. These include version updates and translations, not the ECO and the references.
The Authorized Training Partner course materials are developed based on the same ECO used for the current exam. When we plan a change to the ECO, ATPs will be contacted and have access to updated course materials. However, since we do not have plans to update the ECO, we do not have any plans to update the course materials.
- View the video about making the PMP exam.
- View online seminar with the difference between the PMP and the PMBOK Guide.
PMP Exam Prep Course Translation Updates
The translation availability for the PMP instructor-led materials has been updated to Q3. More details will follow as we approach the availability date.
We have received many emails recently about uploading PMP® rosters into the Education Provider Portal. Please note that this is not a current feature. Only Disciplined Agile® course rosters are to be uploaded.
Important PMP Exam Tips
To enhance the PMP® exam prep experience and elevate your position as a trusted partner to exam candidates, we’ve published a helpful new post on The Official PMI Blog. Check it out for important exam tips and considerations your instructors and candidates need to understand. Plus, you’ll gain a better understanding of the ways PMI is working every day to ensure the value, security, and integrity of the PMP exam (including partnering with our ATPs!).
PMBOK Guide® – Seventh Edition Assets
Do you want to incorporate IP assets from the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition, but didn’t know where to find them? They can now be easily found in the Marketing Portal. You can find them in a folder under Campaigns or by browsing the Media Library.
Members can download the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management for free, in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, Arabic, Simplified Chinese & Korean. Members can also access PMIstandards+ for free for even more content.
Remember, the current PMP® Exam Prep course and materials reflect and support the current Exam Content Outline (ECO).
PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition does not impact the PMP Exam Prep Training Materials
The PMP® Exam Prep course materials were developed to align with the PMP® Exam Content Outline. The current Exam Content Outline, dated January 2021, was designed to stay relevant for the foreseeable future, and PMI will give advance notice to you and the public before a new ECO and corresponding exam is launched, and Authorized Training Partners will be given access to updated course materials.
Please Remember: Both the Authorized Training Partner Program’s licensed PMP® exam prep materials and the PMP® exam are based on the Exam Content Outline (ECO), not the PMBOK® Guide.
- If the current ECO, dated January 2021, is going to change, we will provide Authorized Training Partners with updated PMP® exam prep materials and will give advance notice to the public before a new ECO and corresponding PMP® exam is launched.
- The PMBOK® Guide is one of the numerous potential inputs to preparing for the exam—and is listed as a reference—but it is not a test-preparation tool. Find out more information about the PMP® exam references today.
Collaborate in Logical Operations
Additionally, please encourage your instructors to collaborate in the Logical Operations Collaborate section where you can experience the power of community, collaborate with your peers, and share best practices. As a reminder, the Collaborate section is located in the Logical Operations platform. See screenshots below.
Instructor Management Process
If you are an ATP admin:
- Visit the ATP Provider dashboard at: atp.pmi.org/provider
- Log in with your admin credentials
- Follow links to add instructor
- For your reference here is an ATP Administrator user guide to help you through the process: ATP Admin User Guide (pmi.org)
If you are an instructor:
- You must be submitted by an ATP
- Once an ATP submits you, the system will send you an email containing a link to the ATP Instructor Dashboard atp.pmi.org/instructor and will ask for you to submit your credentials
- Follow the instructions to add any additional required information
- For your reference, there are two user guides (for PMP and DA instructors) available.