Vendor Change in Japan and South Korea
PMI has chosen to change vendors for the delivery of the PMP OPT exam in Japan and South Korea from Pearson VUE to ATA. ATA is a highly regarded company and currently provides testing services for PMI certifications in China. This change is ONLY for the PMP OPT option and does not apply to any other certification OPT offered by PMI or the CBT option in Japan and South Korea.
This decision was made to improve the experience for customers in these countries by providing native-speaking proctors while providing a native language interface in the online proctoring platform.
- 15 July 8 a.m. Japan/Korea Standard Time – Scheduling OPT with PVUE will no longer be available. Candidates in Japan and Korea will have to select either CBT (Test Center Exam) or OPT (Online Exam) BEFORE making the payment.
- On or Following 15 July – Communication to candidates regarding the change.
- 21 August – Testing with ATA begins in Japan
- 22 August – Testing with ATA begins in Korea
For more information regarding this change and the rules and procedures for the OPT, please visit the ATA PMP OP landing page. Notification of this change will go out to candidates directly closer to the date of the change.
Reinstating Exam Rescheduling Fees on 15 May 2021
To help alleviate candidates’ anxiety about the required fees to reschedule or cancel their exam in an already stressful time globally, together PMI and Pearson Vue made the decision in April 2020 to start waiving fees for all candidate-initiated exam cancellations and reschedules. As we continue to manage through the pandemic and stabilization strategies in place around the world, we are reinstating the exam cancellation and rescheduling fee beginning 15 May 2021.
- We are making COVID-19-related exceptions. We will continue to waive fees for candidates who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, receive a positive test result, had direct exposure, or are required to quarantine. We will also continue to waive fees for Pearson VUE-initiated reschedules or cancellations related to COVID-19.
- Charging a rescheduling fee is industry best practice and improves the candidate's user experience as it helps us ensure those candidates scheduling their exam have an accurate view of open seats. Please note, if candidates reschedule or cancel their exam more than 30 days before the exam, they will not be charged a fee.
Update on PMP Study Groups
Several chapters asked us for guidance on what constitutes a PMP Study Group. Check out the Chapter Update Center for more information.
Feedback on PMP Licensed Exam Prep Materials
Thank you for your feedback on PMP licensed exam prep materials. We will notify you when updates are available and ready to access on the Logical Operations platform. The update will include details on what changed and how. If you have additional feedback please send it, including specific examples, exclusively to [email protected].
Collaborate in Logical Operations
Additionally, please encourage your instructors to collaborate in the Logical Operations Collaborate section where you can experience the power of community, collaborate with your peers and share best practices. As a reminder, the Collaborate section is located in the Logical Operations platform. See screen shots below.
Instructor Management Process
If you are an ATP admin:
- Visit the ATP Provider dashboard at: atp.pmi.org/provider
- Log in with your admin credentials
- Follow links to add instructor
- For your reference here is an ATP Administrator user guide to help you through the process: ATP Admin User Guide (pmi.org)
If you are an instructor:
- You must be submitted by an ATP
- Once an ATP submits you, the system will send you an email containing a link to the ATP Instructor Dashboard atp.pmi.org/instructor and will ask for you to submit your credentials
- Follow the instructions to add any additional required information
- For your reference, there are two user guides (for PMP and DA instructors) available.