Acceptance Test-Driven Development
Enhance Business Alignment and Value Creation
This two-day course (14 PDUs) teaches everyone in the organization, both technical and non-technical, to communicate clearly with each other, and to collaborate effectively around the creation of acceptance criteria and the tests that express them. Teams work on real problems from the domain, and so the artifacts they produce will have immediate business value to your organization.
Why You Want to Attend This Course
- To improve communication between technical and non-technical people in your organization
- To learn how to create precise and accurate acceptance tests
- To discover a number of techniques for breaking large business scenarios into smaller ones that can be scheduled for work
- To ensure that all work done by all those involved is strongly connected to business value
- To ensure that domain and systems knowledge remains within the organization indefinitely
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Turn requirements into actionable scenarios and effectively collaborate around them
- Write acceptance tests by working through scenarios
- Perform requirements analysis
- Appreciate the value of short scenarios
- Reorganize large or complex scenarios into smaller, more manageable ones
- Describe the synergy among: Test-Driven Development, Behavior-Driven Development, and Acceptance Testing
Audience and Requirements
- Developers of all levels, from junior to senior to technical leads will benefit from this training.
- Testers will learn how their existing skills can benefit development, especially since exercises are conducted in teams.
- Business professionals who are active stakeholders on software development teams who want to ensure that their needs are met.
- There are no requirements for this course but ideally, the class should contain a mix of these three types of people, so they can collaborate.