The majority of agile teams are geographically distributed in some manner. This article explores how geographic distribution affects agile teams. To do this we address a series of questions:
- What does it mean to be geographically distributed?
- Are agile teams geographically distributed in practice?
- How does geographic distribution relate to other scaling factors?
- What are the potential benefits of geographic distribution?
- What are the risks associated with geographic distribution?
- How can we reduce these risks?
- How do we organize a geographically distributed agile team?
- How does geographic distribution affect tooling choices?
- Is geographic distribution a good idea?
- Where do we start?
- Book: Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW).
This book is the primary source of information about the practices and strategies promoted by DAD.