Lesson 0: Introduction
- Double loop Learning is an essential method of continuously learning by challenging your own thinking at all levels.
Lesson 1: Value Stream Consultant: Role and Work
- Value Stream Manager definition from Lean Enterprise Institute.
- Towards Middle Up Down Management: Accelerating Value Creatmion. I. Nonaka
- What to say when someone doesn’t get it. Part of being a coach is seeing things that other don’t. The trick, however, is to be able to get others to see the things you do that they don’t.
Lesson 2: The Idealized Value Stream
- Understanding our Inherent Problem
- Resource: Value Stream
- If Russ Ackoff had given a TED Talk. This 12-minute talk provides the best explanation of what systems-thinking is. Highly recommended.
Lesson 3: Removing Delays in the Workflow
- Value Stream Mapping
- Why Looking at Delays in the Value Stream Is So Important
- Manage Work-in-Process (WIP) by Focusing on Finishing
- Focus on Finishing Stories in the Sprint and on Finishing MBIs in the Business Increment
Lesson 4: The Minimum Business Increment
- Minimum Business Increment. Even if you know what an MBI is, take a moment to read this – you will find it valuable reading.
- For a short overview, also see Creating an MBI
- Defining an MBI based on balancing value delivered sooner Vs potential extra development cost.
Lesson 5: Factors for Effective Value Streams
Lesson 6: Agile Budgeting and Lean Funding
- Dynamic Feature teams. There are times when it makes sense for people to collaborate to build a feature.