PMI Fellow Award
The PMI Fellow Award is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by Project Management Institute for service to the Institute and the project management profession.
Number of Awards
- The PMI Fellow Award is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by Project Management Institute for service to the Institute and the project management profession.
- PMI reserves the right to select all applicants in a particular year if the nominations meet the stated criteria.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a winner for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- The nominee must be a current PMI member in good standing.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Current PMI staff, contractors and/or consultants are not eligible to apply for an award.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to email@example.com and must be received by the application deadline.
- The Lead Nominator shall be a PMI Fellow and a PMI member in good standing.
- A PMI Fellow may serve as a Lead Nominator for up to two nominations per year.
- Letters of nomination must be submitted by the Lead Nominator who must be a PMI Member as well as three to five additional nominators, of which two have to be current members.
- Each letter of nomination must be signed by the author and must be no more than two pages. Each letter must include:
- A description of the contributions deserving the award based on the stated criteria. The description must clearly outline why the contributions meet the stated criteria.
- The nominator’s length and type of association with the nominee.
- The nominator’s personal knowledge of the nominee’s contributions.
- The nominator’s contact information (name, address, telephone, email, etc.).
- Nominators must be from different organizations/employers than that of the nominee and from each other. Nominators should be chosen to provide various perspectives of the nominee’s contributions.
- The Lead Nominator must ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and submitted by the nomination deadline and in alignment with the PMI General Submission Guidelines. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than 15 pages, must contain the following:
- PMI Fellow Award Application document.
- Letters of nomination of no more than two pages each from the Lead Nominator and from the other three to five nominators, which include what is outlined in the Nomination Procedures above.
- A resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee may be included to expand the requested data and identify other professional accomplishments, but must include a summary document. The resume/curriculum vitae and summary document will not count toward the stated page count maximum.
- PMI Permissions and Release Form signed by the nominee, not the Lead Nominator. (not counted toward the stated page count maximum)
- PMI Contact Information Form (not counted toward the stated page count maximum)
In the Event of a Successful Nomination
- The PMI Professional Awards Staff will send the nomination package to a designated panel of evaluators, who are subject matter experts, for evaluation.
- The nominations, evaluation process, and scores are proprietary to PMI and will not be disclosed to nominators or nominees.
- The Lead Nominator and Nominee will be notified of the status of the nomination at the conclusion of the evaluation process.
- Selection and communication of nomination status must take place no later than the third quarter of the year.
In the event of an unsuccessful nomination
- A new nomination package must be submitted in order for the nominee to be considered in subsequent years.