PMI Project of the Year Award
Award Deadline Extended
The Project of the Year Award deadline has been extended to 9 March 2018.
2017 Project of the Year Award Winner - Hanford Double Shell Tank AY-102 Recovery Project
Tank AY-102 is a 1 million gallon capacity double shell tank commissioned in 1971 storing radioactive and chemical waste. In August 2012, this storage tank was found to be leaking nuclear waste. The nuclear waste needed to be removed and transferred to a double-shell tank for safe storage. The project closed ahead of scheduled and US$8.7 million under budget.
The PMI Project of the Year Award recognizes the large and complex project that best delivers:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
- Project budget must be greater than $100 million US dollars. Projects with a budget less than $100 million should apply for the PMI Award for Project Excellence.
- Project of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors.
- Project from any geography in the world.
- The project must have been completed no more than 18 months before the application deadline.
- A project which has either won or has been previously nominated for the PMI Project of the Year Award or the PMI Award for Project Excellence.
- Projects completed over 18 months of nomination deadline
- Projects under $100 million USD
- Current PMI staff, contractors and/or consultants are not eligible to apply for this award.
Number of Awards
- One winner and two finalists will be awarded annually.
- PMI reserves the right not to select any finalists for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- Submit the criteria in the order noted on the PMI Project of the Year Application, listing the relevant criteria title and description at the top of each page, plus the other required information as outlined in the PMI General Submission Guidelines document.
- All submitted material must not exceed twenty pages (two page maximum per criteria).
- One Lead Nominator with whom PMI will communicate regarding the nomination l must be designated.
- The Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation.
- Please send all inquiries and entire nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Event of a Successful Nomination
- The PMI Professional Awards Staff will send the nomination package to a designated panel of evaluators, who are subject matter experts, for evaluation.
- The nominations, evaluation process, and scores are proprietary to PMI and will not be disclosed to nominators or nominees.
- The Lead Nominator and Nominee will be notified of the status of the nomination at the conclusion of the evaluation process.
- Selection and communication of nomination status must take place no later than the third quarter of the year.
In the Event of an Unsuccessful Nomination
- A new nomination package must be submitted in order for the nominee to be considered in subsequent years.