Global Executive Council
Only one third of an organization’s important projects deliver the expected results. The remaining projects unfortunately miss their strategic objectives, creating enormous financial costs for the companies involved.
The impacts of these failures highlight the numerous opportunities for performance improvement, and it becomes clear that a more widespread, effective use of project management is needed. The path forward starts with PMI’s Global Executive Council.
Work and Criteria
PMI and members of the influential Council believe that project, program and portfolio management deliver a strategic advantage that helps organizations do more with less, meet their strategic objectives and avoid those costly project failures.
The elite organizations selected for the Council are well-positioned to direct the future of the project management profession, and ensure its continued growth and success.
- Are mature and credible in their organizational project management (OPM) practices.
- Can influence the project, portfolio and program management (PPPM) practices of other organizations.
- Assign appropriate internal resources to support the Council.
- Adhere to the Council’s code of conduct, as well as the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- Align with PMI and support our programs, products and services.
For more information about the work of the council, or the criteria for joining, please send an email to [email protected].